Sunday, February 7, 2016


Getting Our Pirate On.

     Last September was another Pirate Festival.  An event that has become quite popular here in Eastport, Maine.  It stated out so small a number of years ago and has grown to one of out major tourist attractions. 
     The entire island supports it.  People go to work in pirate costume.  Age is no barrier.  Adults, teens, babies, seniors and ever pets participate. 
     As you can see by my expression,  I am not 100 % sold on the idea and I am thankful David and Thom do not forced me to "dress-up".  I do like all the people and the crowded festive streets.  Strangely enough I  look forward to the fireworks.  There is something about the noise and all those flashing brilliant colors in the sky!  The big plus is there are bits of dropped and forgotten food here and there in the streets and if I am quick enough and sly enough I manage to partake.

No comments:

Post a Comment