Saturday, July 10, 2010

OOPS, DID I DO THAT?
I know this isn't exactly a pleasant sight, but none-the-less it is a reality. About a week ago as we were going out to the car to pick up lobster rolls for lunch, I spotted my friend Mikey coming up the walk. I got so excited I lunged off the top deck step and accidentally pulled Daddy David right along with me. He is not used to diving from the seventh step of the deck onto the concrete pavers in the dooryard and I guess human heads were not meant to bounce; although David's head did bounce once. Not without a lot of blood and some very disturbing sound effects. I was really scared. Not only was I in trouble now, but I had hurt my very special human who rescued me. I am lucky and I guess everyone understood it was a wild puppy accident because there was no retaliation.
Poor David got knocked completely out and had to go for stitches in two places. The doctor wanted to know if I was going to get punished. No, I didn't get punished. I am still cherished and loved - and, I still had my lobster for a late lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment