Saturday, April 3, 2010

I began my life in Maryland in a home with a ten month old baby. Anyone who knows about Dalmatians should have realized this would not work out. Dalmatians must have all the attention - 24/7. My first owners soon came to understand this and put me up for sale on Craig's List. Can you imagine. I was embarrassed although the asking price was pretty high.
The wonderful people at The Willing Hearts Dalmatian Rescue Organization saw the add and tried to talk my owners into letting them find me a home. The gentleman was not a gentleman and told them if they wanted me they would have to pay the price. So - they did and perhaps saved me from a tragic future. My first owners had no concept of Dalmatian dignity; they named me "Yankee" for goodness sake. I wasn't a Yank, I was born in Maryland. But now that I am a Yankee living in New England I have acquired the fitting and dignified name of Dylan Thomas. My new owners, David and Thom and readers, can you tell? With a name like Dylan Thomas I can prance down the street with my chest out and my head held high. And - I most certainly do.

No comments:

Post a Comment