Wednesday, April 14, 2010


My very first walk in my new town was in the misty morning fog. My Dalmatian radar kicked in immediately and I knew my way back home; to my home, my forever home! There were all kinds of animal scents, a feast for my nose. There were strange noises too that I have since become able to identify as fog horns. There were chattering seagulls everywhere and the big black crows were a little frightening initially. I still don't like to see them on my lawn, but I have come to accept the gulls as my daddies feed them everyday in the winter. I soon realized that my barking, growling and fussing did no good - so, now I just stand on the deck and watch them eat. And, what do they eat? Dog food - at least it's not the good expensive brand that I dine upon. What a wonderful life and so very much different from Maryland. There are no fussing and crying human babies to compete with on Water Street. I am the star here!

No comments:

Post a Comment